Saturday 29 August 2015

What A Difference A Year (Or 11) Makes

Today, I went and got my eyelashes done again. I'd been counting down the days until Stef came back from her holiday so she could sort my eyelashes out for me! Now Stef is very kind and, as I left, she said that my jeans looked too big. (Love Stef!) So when I got home, I thought I'd get out my next-size-down jeans to see if I could squidge into them. The jeans I had been wearing were the biggest of my 14s. They're a Matalan 14 and Matalan flatters its customers by being somewhat, ahem, generous. The jeans I pulled out to try on are M&S ones. Proper size 14s.

They actually look ridiculously small when I compare them to what I was wearing just seven months ago, so I didn't hold out much hope for getting into them. But, yippee! They fit!

Then I found something in the pocket. It was a train ticket dated 05 Jun 04. That's probably the last time I wore them. The last time they fitted me. Eleven years ago. Then I thought about that date some more and realised that exactly one year later, 05 JUN 05, I was in labour with my gorgeous son, Thomas.


Funny old world, isn't it?

Still dieting and walking though, and still losing the weight - albeit more slowly than I'd like.

Menu

Breakfast: Yakult, grapefruit.
Lunch: Plain omelette
Dinner: Thomas and I baked bread today, so I had some of that with all manner of naughty things on it ;)
Snack: Ovaltine Options hot choccie drink.
Drinks: 1.5l of tap water

This little lot adds up to about 840 calories according to FitBit.

FitBit Stats From Yesterday

Steps: 10,983
Distance: 6.99 miles
Active minutes: 64

My Stats

Current weight: 11st 2.6lbs
Next weight target: 10st 13.8lbs (Giddy with excitement at being '10 stone something')

No comments:

Post a Comment